Sunday, December 7, 2008

Memoirs of Moscow -1

1) Summer camp (5 years old me)

I still remember the day when I was sent for a 1-month summer camp. It was the first time that I went somewhere without my family. Among all the students I was the most unique one. Why? because nobody else was brown in colour with black hair and brown eyes and contrary to my present looks, I was damn cute and a darling of all Russian teachers. Even today I feel that I was given special treatment by my teachers. We used to sleep in a dormitory. As soon as the lights were switched off and the door closed, the room used to change into a war zone. pillow fights, jumping from one bed to another was the norm of the night, but all this was done without making much noise. (These Russian kids are born with these qualities, no wonder they end up being good spies)

We used to get up early in the morning and exercise for 1 hour. (don't remember the exercises though). After that, we used to go to swimming classes. Two groups were made, one was the boy's group and the other was girls group. Obviously, the changing rooms were also different.

On the first day, I accidentally entered the girls changing room. All hell broke loose, the shouts were ear-shattering. I froze there while all the girls were running helter shelter, imagine a brown boy in his underwear amidst 14 white girls. After a few moments which felt like an eternity, I ran from there to the boys changing room, trust me I became a kind of a hero among all the other boys. Somehow I convinced the teachers that it was all an accident and it was I who was more embarrassed than those girls. Luckily by the time the camp got over, this small incident was forgotten.

2 comments:

shri said...

dude you are a racist!!! waise that's where you got your first kiss is it?

soum21 said...

no bro, thats a different story, will write about that sometime later.

Bhubaneswar diaries - A cute story about love!

                                                              Chapter - 1      The re-union                                     ...